With the spike in COVID-19 cases in Navarro County, mentioned in my last
letter, the City has reevaluated the planned Fourth of July, Freedom Festival
Event at the I.O.O.F. Park. The City will provide a fireworks show starting at
9:25 p.m. on July 4. All other activities are cancelled due to the inability to
control social distancing. The City takes your health and well-being seriously
and I want to do everything I can to protect you from exposure to this deadly
virus. Celebrating our country’s freedom is an important part of American
culture and the decision to cancel all of the planned activities was a hard
one. However, the risk of exposure, with this type of gathering, is too high to
conduct this event.
The fireworks are still planned and I want you to enjoy them in a responsible
manner. Here are some helpful tips:
• Park your car in a safe location and view the fireworks from your favorite
• Do not gather in close proximity to other groups or at the park pavilion or
• Spread out and maintain as much distance as possible from others
• Wear face coverings such as masks or a bandana (A US Flag print would be a
• Frequently wash hands when appropriate
• Display your USA pride with signs and decorations
• Livestream the fireworks from your favorite device
Again, citizens are encouraged to enjoy the fireworks by spreading out and
maintaining distancing and use this time to reflect on all the freedoms this
country affords each one of us. If you plan to gather over the weekend to
celebrate, please utilize these same safety measures to ensure your safety and
the safety of your loved ones. Be Smart and Be Safe.
For further details for the City of Corsicana contact www.cityofcorsicana.com.
Also for a full list of state guidelines, openings, and relevant dates, visit https://open.texas.gov/.
City of Corsicana